Preventing nappy rash
To prevent your baby getting nappy rash follow these tips:
- Change your baby’s nappy as soon as you can when it becomes wet or soiled
- Carefully wash the nappy area with warm water and cotton wool, gently patting until dry
- Just letting their skin breathe can work wonders. So whenever possible, leave their nappy off for an hour or so
- Try to change your baby’s nappy before putting him or her down to sleep
- Use a barrier cream such as Sudocrem to protect your baby’s skin.
Despite your best efforts nappy rash can occur and is very common in young babies, you can read about treating nappy rash here.