Preventing diaper rash
To prevent your baby getting diaper rash follow these tips:
- Change your baby’s diaper as soon as you can when it becomes wet or soiled
- Carefully wash the diaper area with warm water and cotton wool, gently patting until dry
- Just letting their skin breathe can work wonders. So whenever possible, leave their diaper off for an hour or so
- Try to change your baby’s diaper before putting him or her down to sleep
- Use a barrier cream such as Sudocrem to protect your baby’s skin.
Despite your best efforts diaper rash can occur and is very common in young babies, you can read about treating diaper rash here.